Sunday, January 31, 2016

Review: Echoes of Us (The Hybrid Chronicles #3)

If you want to see my review of the second book in this trilogy, click here

Also, do you think that I should start putting the synopsis of the book I'm reviewing directly in the post instead of linking it? Tell me in the comments below :)

17352960Book: Echoes of Us

Author: Kat Zhang

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Review: I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this book after finishing the second book in the series, which I didn't like at all. However, I had already taken Echoes of Us out of the library and I was curious to see how the series ended, so I gave it the "read the first chapter and see how good it is" test. I'm so glad that I did, because I loved this book! Everything the other books were lacking in were included in this one, and the writing was much better.

One of my favorite parts of the book is the setting. Basically, the two main characters, Eva and Addie, allow themselves to be taken to a hybrid institution to film the terrible conditions so that people know how bad things are there. The institution is so well described, I can picture it in my mind, and it almost feels like a real place. The fact that the author isn't hesitant to make a really creepy place one of the main settings makes me like this book much more.

Another thing I loved about this book (and the series in general) was how much character development there was between the first and third book. In the beginning of the trilogy, Eva and Addie are completely innocent and unaware of the struggles going on in their country, but over the course of the series they become conscious of fight for hybrid freedom and the details the government is hiding from them about the rest of the world. They change from a normal 15 year old high school student into a rebel leader who talks to the president in less than a year, and the best part is it feels like a completely natural transition.

Overall there wasn't much about the book that I didn't like, and I'm (happily) surprised about the way the series ended.

Would I recommend it: YES YES YES STICK WITH THE SERIES BECAUSE THIS BOOK IS TOTALLY WORTH IT TO READ

-Serena :)

No comments:

Post a Comment